From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:34:59 -0700
Kim Patrick Clow wrote:

>From what I can see, Nimbus has a few more volumues to issue in its Haydn
>cycle.  Does anyone know its status? are they going to finish it? Or am I
>sticking my head in the noose by spending money on a yet unfinished cycle?

There seems to be an implication that they will be releasing the whole
cycle eventually.  From the Nimbus web site (linked from you-know-where):

   Volume One, Nos. 1-20
   NI 5426/30
   5 hours 36 minutes

   Volume Three, Nos. 40-54
   NI 5530/34
   5 hours 27 minutes

   Volume Four, Nos. 55-69
   NI 5590/94
   5 hours 17 minutes

   Volume Six, Nos. 82-87, The Paris Symphonies
   NI 5419/20
   2 hours 28 minutes

   Volume Seven, Nos. 88-92 & Sinfonia Concertante
   NI 5417/18
   2 hours 25 minutes

   Volume Eight, Nos. 93-104, The London Symphonies
   NI 5200/04
   5 hours 16 minutes

This list shows that six of eight volumes are available, and implies that
volumes two and five are planned for the symphonies #21-39 and #70-81
respectively.  I would guess volume two is at least five CDs, and volume
five at somewhere around three CDs if Fischer's timings are similar to
Goodman's (about 200 minutes of music).  There doesn't seem to be any
further information at the Nimbus site.

Dave
http://www.classical.net/