From:
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 17:36:06 -0700
Jeremey McMillan writes:

>I love to watch "Bugs Bunny" and other Warner Brother's cartoons.  But
>get this: I don't watch the cartoons for the viewing part.  I love to
>listen to the background music!

As I have said before, I think, IMHO, that the movies is the place were
good music of a classical nature is being produced now.  I like cartoon
music too, though I rarely watch cartoons, as well as themes from movies.
As soon as I heard the theme from "Gettysburg" (the opening of the film),
I got goose bumps and thought of Beethoven, he could have written that one
- a marvelous piece of classical music, or at least a marvelous theme for
a symphony.

While we are on this subject, I really like the music for Jane Austen's
"Pride and Prejudice" that was on A & E some time ago.  The story takes
place around the time of Mozart, I think, and the music by Carl Davis, is
a fine example of classical music written in an old style.  Does anyone
know where I might get the score for the music, not the total score that
includes music by Mozart, just the Mozartian music by Mr. Davis.  I have
picked a lot of it out on the piano, but that takes too much time.  And
while we are at it, does anyone know where Jeremey and I can get old
Hollywood cartoon music I would think that that's around somewhere.

Bill Pirkle