From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 15:48:50 -0400
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Incidentally, Fricsay used to do very good Bruckner with the old RIAS
>orchestra.  I think I remember owning at least one symphony on vinyl (and
>maybe still do), so he should be available on recordings somewhere.

Being a Bruckner and Fricsay fanatic, the above message sent my pulse
running high. I have in front of me a pretty complete list of Fricsay's
performances and recordings (published as part of Lutz von Pufendorf's
"Ferenc Fricsay. Retrospektive - Perspektive", Bote & Bock, 1988) and there
is not a single performance or recording of Bruckner conducted by Fricsay.
I would love it if this listing is wrong and you're right.  If you can
provide more references (works conducted, date, location, record number,
etc.), I would be very grateful.

 [Fricsay and Anton are two of my biggest heroes]

Regards,

Ramon Khalona
Carlsbad, California