Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:30:20 +0200
From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
In the debate of these van and von that occurred under this thread, I would
like to ask if anybody could bring me soem information wether Carl Maria
von Weber was a nobleman or not.  I became a little doubtful as I thought
a von would cause the following word to decline, here to Webern.  I notice
that Anton Webern originally had the noblemans name Anton von Webern, but
he scratched out his von.

Or has Carl Marias name been von Webern, but changed? Or did words not
decline the same way after von in those days?

thankful for information,

Mats Norrman