Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:27:16 +0200
From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Bill Pirkle [[log in to unmask]] wrote:

>I am attempting to expand CM composition to the masses, at least the
>masses that are interested.  As I am sure you know, a great many people
>first heard the symphonies of Beethoven, because Liszt played them on
>the piano in towns and villages that had no symphony orchestra.  Now, the
>recording industry, and radio makes CM available to everyone interested.
>And now computer generated music technology being developed in universities
>and elsewhere will make it possible for ordinary people to experiment with
>music and learn something about it.

And I am thankful to this technology!  I love music, and I love to express
myself through art.  I have the talent for writing (I can see the listers
smile at their computers right now, but I mean "in my mother tounge"), and
I have the talent for painting, Music is the way I have the weakest talent
for, in the meaning I am an awful performer, and an even more awful
composer.

I have no piano, and my instrument is the trumpet.  I have tried and tried,
but however I tried I never succeeded to take accords on the trumpet, and
that I want to be able to do when I compose; my pitch isn't so good I can
compose without verifying.  I can quickly work out the melody I want in my
head or with the trumpet, but for the rest, a musicprogram on the computer
(what I have, not one of Mr.  Pirkles, sorry) is just perfect.  I have been
learning a lot about music just with sitting there picking with the
program.  The soundquality is of course not like on the CD, but it is good
enough to allow me to work out how it shall be, and that is what I want.
I am satisified.  I am even happy!:-)

I take this opportunity to wish Mr. Pirkle all luck!

Mats Norrman