Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:46:41 +0000
From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
The UK Guardian reports on June 26th that "Alfred Brendel has finally
discovered Mozart".

Brendel is quoted as saying "I used to underestimate Mozart's Sonatas.
I take everything back...."

This from the man who 15 years ago described Haydn's sonatas a "without
peers" is a surprising development indeed.  What could have happened? The
article gives few clues.  For instance I might have expected a forthcoming
release of the works by Brendel but this is not mentioned.

It would be unfair for me to seek to explore alternative explanations for
Brendel's change of heart.  But, some list members have suggested to me in
the past that eventually I too will see the light.  I say lets hope its
before I reach Brendel's age (69).  After that I'd rather not bother!

Bob Draper

 [Ah, yes.  Yet another successful brainwashing by the Global Mozart
 Conspiracy (shhhh).  Resistance is futile.  -Dave]