Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:42:52 -0700
From:
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]>
If one accepts the notion that CM is harder to understand than 3 chord beat
music, then a greater level of intelligence is required for understanding
something that is more complex.

But, much of this is no doubt propagated by the movies as part of
stereotyping.  Hollywood will do anything to make a movie more effective
and stereotyping is what they do best of all.

But, as life imitates art, many people probably embrace CM so as to
appear intelligent.  Like ruthless businessmen who go to church to appear
religious.

My personal opinion is that enjoyment of CM and playing of an instrument
can be taught to nearly anyone interested.  Intelligence is less about
how your brain works and more about what you choose to fill it with.

Finally, many people exhibit their machoism (lack of intelligence) by
rejecting CM as not for real men but for nerds instead. To those, I recite
the words of J. Lennon in "I Am the Walrus" - Expert texpert choking
smokers, don't you think the joker laughs at you.

Bill Pirkle