Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
bob harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:23:49 -0500
Ted Fischer wrote:

> Did anyone notice the article on today's ABCNews.com about AHB and the
> Cape bee?  Interesting, and relates to a recent paper by Madeleine
> Beekman in Nature.  Here's the URL:
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/sections/science/DailyNews/bees000412.html

Hi Ted,
I found the article well done but geared to the unimformed general
public. If a beekeeper is knowledgeable about the cape bee and AHB he
might say " nothing new here". If a beekeepers knowledge of the cape bee
is limited he NEEDS to read the article for sure. I am very glad Paul
Danka pointed out the cape bee will not ever be a cure for AHB and would
be a huge problem for beekeepers around the world.
Quote from article:
"Psuedoqueens don't work like workers and they aren't normally as
reproductive as regular queens. The colony becomes dysfunctional and you
wind up with a bunch of misfits"

The part about AHB wasn't done very good in the opinion. Hey! I have got
the right to my opinion!
I take don't like the word deadly in describing AHB. A better choice of
words would have been better in my humble opinion. OK! Not allways so
humble!
I would have left out the part about a man in Texas being stung to death
by the exact number of stings. How many times will the Texas story be
told over and over in non beekeeping circles? Is that the only part of
the article the general public will remember? Hello!

Please go to the site and decide for yourselves! Thanks Ted for taking
the time to list site for all.
Bob Harrison U.S.A.