From:
Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:52:49 -0900
Lance,

> Any suggestions on successfully starting a two queen hive with carniolan
> bees from a 4 pound bee package?

I have several times made two queen colonies, from two packages, here in the
Anchorage area.  I install in separate boxes separated by a screen.  Later I
replace the screen with a queen excluder.   I have also simply put two separate
colonies which were started one above the other, switch to a screen separation,
then to queen excluder.  I have yet to have either queen in such colonies
"dispached by the workers.

I pull out a nuc from one colony at the beginning of the flow and have one very
large colony.

Good luck and have fun with your bees.

Tom

--
"Test everything.  Hold on to the good."  (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Tom Elliott
Chugiak,  Alaska
U.S.A.