From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 23:03:39 -0000
Bob Dubois wrote:

>Tony Dugan wrote:
>
>>Which version? Vox with the Vienna SO or BBC Legends with the BBC SO?
>>Both worth having but I'm interested.
>
>I have the one of the BBC SO, and it's not a disappointing at all!

Opinions do differ.  I find the first movement sprawls, especially when
compared with his VSO version, and the BBC SO don't seem to be in it
somehow.  The coupling, the Horenstein Bruckner 8th, on the other hand
is my top favourite for that work.  A astounding performance.

You might care to read my review of it at:

http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/classrev/Apr99/bruckner.htm

Tony Duggan, England.
Mahler recordings survey:
http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/Mahler/