HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ellen Marlatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:10:28 -0500
The best and most comprehensive source is Dard Hunter's Papermaking: The
History and Technique of an Ancient Craft, Alfred Knopf 1943.  It's been
reprinted several times and is now in paperback.  In addition, there is the
Institute of Paper Science and Technology (IPST) (formerly the Dard Hunter
Museum in Atlanta -- (404) 894-7840 which will probably answer all your
paper chronology questions