HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:53:32 +0000
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Roger Kirchen wrote:

> Would anyone know if the journal POST-MEDIEVAL ARCHAEOLOGY is still being
> published?  All of my efforts to contact the Society have gotten me
> nowhere.  Their website has not been updated in a year which leads me to
> wonder about their status.  In addition, if it is still an active
> publication, I would like to see a copy of their guidelines for
> publication.  Any information on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Post-Medieval Archaeology is not only still being published, but is
about to be considerably re-vamped under a new publishing agreement.
I know some SPMA board members subscribe to HISTARCH, so I'll leave
the details to them.  Many of us are particularly
encouraged that the new arrangements apparently mean that papers will
no longer have to be independently funded to be considered for
publication, and that papers with a more openly theoretical
perspective will be considered for inclusion - and given how
encouraged we are by this, hopefully I won't have to be corrected on
either of those points.

That said, the web site could definitely use some updating, and I
haven't received my membership renewal form for 1999 yet...

Alasdair Brooks

University of York