From:
Philip Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 18:25:24 -0400
You may already know of this site, http://www.bachwerk.de/, which is
alleged by my friends in the German forums to be prepared to broadcast via
Internet the complete J.S. Bach oeuvre beginning July 16, 2000  at 21.00 h
continuously to July 23, 2000.  I'm assuming the start time to be MEZ time,
which (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong) is one hour ahead of GMT [UTC].

This site appears to be currently in construction.  As of 6/6/2000, the
links don't work, etc., but you will see the following picture:  [If you
don't see it, it's a meadow with a brook, trees  and a distant village -
probably Bach country].  I guess we will have to see how this goes.  My
German Bach lovers in Dresden, Gera, Jena, Magdeburg, tell me that this
broadcast of the entire Bach corpus of works will be presented as the
finale of the local *Stelzenfest*.  Anyone know something about this?
An arts festival, maybe.  Don't know, but I'm planning to keep
http://www.bachwerk.de/  minimized and parked in my 'tray' during the
broadcast, for listening, and maybe, too, for recording some of the lesser
known/heard works!

Herzlich Willkommen zur "Bachwiese 2000"

Vom 16.7. - 23.7.2000 konnen Sie hier Bachs Gesamtwerk im Internet 170
Stunden nonstop geniessen! Wir beginnen das Horerlebnis am 16.7. 21.00 h
auf der "Bachwiese" in Stelzen bei Reuth.