From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:09:01 -0400
Tim Mahon wrote:

>I still haven't got the Piano Concerto/Violin Concerto disc....SNIP

Nor have I.  I have it on backorder form both Amazon and CD Now.  Hopefully
by the time either sends it to be I will have time to cancel the other
order.  If I get 2, I'll put the extra one up for grabs.

What is the problem with this disk?? I ordered it just as soon as I could
after reading the Fanfare review, and it still has to be backordered.  Is
it that much in demand??

Also - an earlier poster said that he/she had known the concerto for
some time.  I was inder the impression that it had just recently been
"discovered" or "found" or something like that.  Am I wrong??

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan

 [I guess I don't see the confusion here.  Hyperion is an import label.
 It is not uncommon for imports to be released in the U.S. some months
 after they have been released in their home countries.  There's no rule
 about this, but it is not unusual.  Neither is it odd that they would
 want to immediately get promotional copies in the hands of reviewers
 worldwide, perhaps even before the disc has been released (the lead
 time for a review in a print magazine is months).  I think it's safe
 to say that most of the promotion for a new release actually happens
 before the disc is widely available.  -Dave]