From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:14:14 PST
Steve Schwartz wrote in respose to Wes Crone:

>>Is a person missing out when they don't take the time to listen
>>to music they dislike?
>
>Yes.  The person is denying himself the opportunity to change his mind.
>My experience has shown me that my tastes, at any rate, are fluid.

And well they should be, since over 90% of your body is fluid.  We want
your mind and body in sync, Steve.

When I was growing up, I didn't like Bach or Mozart one bit.  To me, Bach
was an enigma and Mozart was a sissy.  During that time period, I was
grooving to Vaughan Williams, Shostakovich, David Diamond, and Nielsen.
Where did Diamond come from? One night, growing up in the Boston area, I
happened to hear a live performance of a Diamond orchestral work on the
radio and was hooked.

Well, it isn't that I'm not hooked any longer on those childhood favorites,
but that listening to Bach, Mozart, and many others in more recent years
has greatly changed my opinion.  And, what's wonderful about it all is that
I have no idea what my future "hooks" will be.  But, there won't be any
additional hooks unless I listen to music I'm not hooked on now.  Boy, this
talk about bodily fluid has made me thirsty and anticpating my wife's
arrival home.

Drinking it all in,

Don Satz