Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:17:53 -0500
From:
John Proffitt <[log in to unmask]>
Achim Breiling wrote:

>I could get the set of all the symphonies by Howard Hanson (on Delos) for
>less than half price.  Convince me to do so!  Are these worth a try?

Very much so.  Hanson was an unrepentant, un-reconstructed Romantic.  His
symphonies are all quite lovely, and all seven of them spring directly out
of the tradition of Sibelius and Grieg.

If you enjoy symphonies of Sibelius and Vaughan Williams, you will probably
like Hanson, too.

Regards,

John M. Proffitt
General Manager & C.E.O.