From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:09:52 -0700
Bob Harrison wrote:

> I am going to ask the Tucson bee lab a question so we can all hear their
> response.

Mr. Harrison:
    So that you know where I am coming from :
    I am not a PhD, nor a politician ; I am a biological research technician.
    I have taken quite a bit of flak from within my own organization for being
present on this list, but I believe it is the future being born, and so I have
persisted in checking in here several times per week, as well as from my home
computer. Posts which I find pertinent, I forward to staff members I feel may be
interested. Occasionally they choose to reply, as Dr. Schmidt did recently.
These are kindly approved for posting by the list referees, even though I am the
only list member at this lab.
    I do not get clearance for my posts beforehand and so am usually expressing
my own opinions, filtered through 35 years experience in bee research. After
receiving my Bachelor of Science degree from the U. of Arizona, I chose to
continue working in my present capacity rather than attend graduate school for
an advanced degree. You may read my bio on our web site, which I helped write.
    I am not interested in engaging you or anyone else on this list in a "flame
war". I do not speak for the USDA. If you wish to correspond directly with Dr.
Eric Erickson, his email is [log in to unmask]
 or you may wish to speak with him directly at (520)670-6380, extension 104.
    I will not carry demands from you or anyone else to this lab, I will simply
and quietly stop using this list if this continues.
   -Sincerely,
        Your humble public servant,
             John Edwards,
          Hayden Bee Research Center, USDA-ARS, Tucson, Arizona