From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:10:54 PST
Alan Dudley wrote:

>Why does some good music fail to keep my atention? (No answer
>required).

I've thought about that sometimes when I feel strongly that I am listening
to good music, but my attention is not focused on the music.  Once in a
while, I'm even not giving my attention to a Bach work which I know is
great.

I can only think of three possible reasons for the lack of maintaining
attention:

The music isn't good enough.

The music's fine but just not on the listener's wavelength.

The listener is preoccupied with other matters.

With Paisiello, any of the three could kick in.

Don Satz