HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Wittkofski, J. Mark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:20:03 -0400
Geoff,

By George, you might be onto something.  Perhaps we, archaeologists should
take a closer look at use patterns on shells found in pits.  This actually
could revolutionize research strategies much like what resulted from
archaeo-magnetism readings taken from fired brick, chronological dating
through the analysis of hinge rings on oyster shells, blood residue on
lithic tools and points, etc.  There could be an entirely new technological
field of study evolving even as I write this.

I can only imagine the acronyms that might result from this new field of
research.  One that just came to me is:

Shells
Having
Amazing