From:
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:52:36 +0100
James Kearney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Matt Garson wrote on Saturday:
>
>>This past Wednesday, I attended the LPO's performance of Bruckner's 3rd
>>Symphony (1877 version) and Mozart's Piano Concerto #9 (K.271).
>>Out of curiosity, did anyone else go to the concert?
>
>I was there too!  Like the long-awaited conclusion to a Bruckner Symphony,
>you can read my reactions at the end of this post.

Perhaps a reminder is needed for my page at:

   http://snowball.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~cmvhk/concert.html

where members of the list going to (or giving!) performances in Britain
can make the fact public.  I will be adding more to it soon when I've
sorted out exactly what I'm going to in the Bath Festival.  Wasn't the
concert in question broadcast on Radio 3? In which case my daughter enjoyed
the Bruckner.  But I'm not sure her twelve-month-old critical faculties are
up to distinguishing a good Bruckner performance from a bad one.  I'd be
interested to hear what the concert 'Ariadne' was like!

Virginia Knight
http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~ggvhk/virginia.html