From:
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:49:26 +0000
Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I wrote in a posting a little while ago that one reason why I write these
>occasional concert "reviews" is because I'm not entirely certain of my own
>reactions and the writing helps me to sort out my own feelings about the
>concert, and because I hope that my rambles may be of some interest to
>others who also enjoy thinking about their reactions to live music.  This
>is a prime example - I knew at the end of the performance that I had liked
>it, enjoyed it and appreciated, but I wasn't at all sure why.  I also knew
>from a brief conversation with the man in the next seat (none other than
>fellow listmember James Kearney) that he wasn't quite so pleased.

Thank you for posting your thoughts on this concert!  We listened to it at
home on Radio 3; I can't think how long it is since I heard Mahler 6, and
it was my daughter's first hearing of it - she displayed her usual ecstatic
reaction to Mahler, but I think at 10 months her critical faculties are
still a little immature.

Despite or perhaps because of having a baby at home I am still getting to
concerts in London from time to time, and I always wonder whether there
might be another listmember there (anyone at the Wigmore Hall on October
23rd or November 11th last year?).  I've been speculating about setting up
a guestbook-type page where listmembers could, if they liked, post a notice
of performances they were going to attend.  I would be willing to take on
running such a page for performances in Britain, if there was interest.

Virginia Knight
http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~ggvhk/virginia.html