From:
Joseph Previte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:01:41 -0600
Don Satz wrote:

>The one cadenza that usually sticks in my mind is that used by Annie
>Fischer in her EMI recording of the 1st movement of Mozart's piano concerto
>No. 21.  I found it unusual and very beautiful and dynamic.  Does anyone
>recall the source of that cadenza?

After doing a bit of research, I found the following:

On the EMI set with Sawallish in the Concerto No. 21 and 22, she uses
cadenzas by Busoni in No. 21 in the first and 3rd movements, and by Hummel
in the Concerto No. 22 first movement.  For the other disc of Concertos
Nos. 20 and 23 with Boult, she uses Beethoven cadenzas in No. 20 and
Mozart's in 23.

For her Hungaroton recordings with Ervin Lukacs, she uses the Hummell
cadenzas in Concerto no. 20, and Busoni's again in No. 21.

Joseph Previte