From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:35:29 PST
Richard Pennycuick wrote concerning Faure:

>I have only the piano quartets and piano quartets on Hyperion, but
>they are among my most played CDs.

Wow!  I had no idea that Faure wrote a double set of piano quartets.  I'm
going to the Hyperion web site right now to get mine.

Typos, although a little embarrassing, can be very funny and entertaining.
Richard's is the best I've seen in long time.  I consider *my* experiences
with "spell check" very frustrating.  Whenever I do use it, it tells me
everything's perfect.  So, I don't use it much.  But, when I don't use it,
I often make tying errors.  I just can't win.  I'll have to rely on my
natural ability to communicate well.  But, it sure would have been great
if there was another set of Faure piano quartets.  I'm hoping that some day
the descendants of some little punk Nazi will emerge with gobs of scores
from the pen of J.S.  Bach, not stuff written when he wasn't "on", but his
absolute best and deepest works which make the ones we think are his best
just pale imitations.  It could happen - you gotta believe dreams can come
true.  My whole life has been a dream come true.

Don Satz