From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 13:08:29 -0800
Walter Meyer ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>I stopped in at Olsson's in DC a few days ago to use up some coupons and
>discovered a recording of J.S. Bach's b minor mass, conducted by George
>Enescu, w/ the Boyd Neel Orchestra, Susanne Danco,soprano; Kathleen
>Ferrier, Contralto; Peter Pears, tenor; Bruce Boyce, baritone, and Norman
>Walker, bass.  It was a BBC Studio Recording, dated 17 July 1951 on a 2-CD
>label (BBCL 4008-7)  ...
>
>Finally, a question.  This was on the BBC label.  Does this mean that this
>recording would have been distributed free w/ the magazine at one time.
>It was marked at about US$25.00.

Nope, this is part (look closely at the disc) of the BBC Legends series,
so you've not been missing it as they have only appeared in N America
this year (I mail-ordered the Horenstein Mahler 8, Barbirolli Mahler 3,
Mravinsky Shostakovich 8 and the Enescu B minor from Britain as I couldn't
wait).

Deryk Barker