From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:52:56 -0500
Ron Chaplin asks about the lyrics to Zemlinsky Songs

Hop over to www.recmusic.org/lieder and you will find what you are looking
for and much, much more. This site is ever-growing.

>PS One thing I did turn up was Alma Mahler's description of him as a
>"small, repugnant, chinless, toothless, and unwashed gnome." Whoa!  I
>guess she didn't like him too much, huh.

Au contraire.  She had a schoolgirl crush on him.  No accounting for taste.

Mimi Ezust, proud mother of Emily, whose website address I just gave you.