Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 07:23:45 -0500
From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Mats Norrman replies to me replying to him:

>>>Isn't it a little picky to make such a statement with having heard so
>>>little? I suggest take a listen to "Elverskud" and
>"Fruehlingsphantasie".
>>
>>Of course it's picky, but nobody likes everything.
>
>How can you know you don't like "Elverskud" if you have never heard it?

Indeed, I don't know.  But your statement seemed to be about Gade in
general.  All the Gade I've heard - all chamber music, including the Octet
(pace, Deryk) - has made so little impression on me, I've not been inclined
to seek out anything else, which may be wonderful but I won't know any time
soon.  In short, the Gade I've heard has been coupled with other music I
really wanted to hear.

Steve Schwartz