Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:27:41 -0700
From:
Daniel Christlein <[log in to unmask]>
Richard Pennycuick, referring to my musical mystery, wondered if:

>...  anyone positively identified it and e-mailed Daniel, but didn't tell
>the rest of us.

One list member did indeed solve the mystery - presuming that he won't
mind his name being mentioned here, the honor goes to Sam Brenner, who
identified the mystery piece as Guy Ropartz's Symphony No.  3.

I may not quite become one of the "hidden legions of Ropartzians" which
Janos Gereben speculated about a few weeks ago, but the obscurity of
Ropartz's name does surprise me, considering the technical skill and
moments of genuine beauty displayed in this piece.  Thus, it is good to
finally know where to put it in the context of musical history, and to be
able to obtain a complete recording after all.

My thanks to all who gave it a try.

Daniel