Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:07:41 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
I could have started a new thread with a title like, "Don's Blooper for the
Year", but the title of this thread is also applicable.

It started quite a few days ago when Bob Draper indicated (or at least
I thought) that Arte Nova had issued a Hummel opera named *Gesualdo*.
I assumed the composer was Johann Hummel of the late 18th century.  So, I
ordered the opera from CDNOW and found that the composer is a contemporary
one, Franz Hummel.

To say that the two Hummels are musically very different would be an
understatement.  Boy did I feel stupid.  I'll never undervalue the "what's
in a name" phrase again.

As for the actual work I bought, it's more of a music theatre piece with a
great deal of dialog and a little music.  Can't say I'm enjoying it.  Bob,
do you want it? Fortunately, it didn't cost much.

Don Satz