Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:49:33 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
For recordings of the Rachmaninov piano concertos (all of them), the
Ashkenazy cycle with either Haitink or Previn, both on Decca, would be fine
choices.  Personally, I'm partial to Zoltan Kocsis on Philips mainly based
on what I consider the best 3rd piano concerto on record.  You also can't
go wrong with Rachmaninov himself on RCA.

Speaking of the 3rd piano concerto, Argerich on Philips is also very good.

Don Satz