Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 06:37:12 -0800
From:
Robin Mitchell-Boyask <[log in to unmask]>
A young American conductor David Robertson has emerged as a candidate for
one of the positions with the Philadelphia Orchestra.  Since he has only
made on appearance here (very favorable from the buzz) and has spent most
of his time in Europe (in Paris, I believe, where he works with Boulez's
Ensemble), I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has any
information on and reactions to him.

What prompts this inquiry now is that he has just been signed to fill
Franz Welser-Most's slot in March (and for another appearance in the
summer).  FWM had withdrawn after signing with Cleveland (he cancelled last
year's run in a pique about the Rattle hysteria which plagued Philadelphia
until Berlin's decision).  The PO management has indicated they were eager
to fill the slot with someone who'd be a candidate for one of the four
conducting positions vacant here, so I guess this guy's star is rising.

Thanks for any feedback

Robin Mitchell-Boyask
Temple University
Philadelphia PA