Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:22:11 -0800
From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
William Hong wrote:

>I believe the set that Mr. Beckwith is talking about contains the 1681
>"Sonatae Violino Solo".  And of course, "Mystery" and "Rosary" are both
>alternate names for the same set of sonatas.

Whoops.  I sure was not paying attention.

Yes, the Holloway-Moroney one I have is on Virgin - hard to believe they'd
delete this beautiful recording in the U.S.  As I mentioned it's available
from Crotchet.  I think I gave my searchbox url.  Thanks for the
interesting long post you made.  I finally read through it more carefully
and will probably get the Letzbor.  Another survivor of Goebel's group:)

I used to love listening to Henk Bouman's continuo with them because I
have never heard a better continuo in that he used just what seemed like
beautiful droplets here and there that enhanced the melody and rhythm and
no plodding chords.  But he left the group and music and went to India.
I always wonder if he ever came back to music via another group...

Thanks for the add'l info, Dave.

Andrys in Berkeley, CA
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search Classical: Sheet Music, Videos, CDs