Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 20:21:09 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (111 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: ASTC-WHANCOCK US - EXHIBITION ABOUT THE APOLLO MOON LANDINGS
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 20:19:01 +0100

Hello,

Below is the text I would like to send to the 1200 list of science centers and museums. ([log in to unmask])

Thank you

Marco Baccini 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEXT FOR LIST:

UNIQUE AND EXCLUSIVE SPACE EXHIBITION ABOUT US MANNED SPACE EXPLORATION AND THE APOLLO MOON LANDINGS. THE PIONEERING YEARS OF MANNED SPACE EXPLORATION AND THE HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE TO MANKIND

***************************************************************************************************************

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nine spaceflight missions and twentyseven astronauts took the historic and breathtaking 385'000 km voyage to another World and twelve of them actually walked on the surface of the Moon.

The exhibition represents a priceless legacy and tells the story of the Mercury-Gemini-Apollo space programs and the 6 Moon landings, the most significant occurence of the evolution in the history of mankind - a triumph of the human spirit - the landing of humans on the Moon!

Based on probably the largest private space collection about the US manned space program in Europe, collected by myself in over 40 years and consisting of over 500 framed pictures, 60 scale spacecraft models, space and Lunar flown artifacts, historic mission documents and spacecraft components, original NASA flight plans, vintage Lunar charts, Moon globes and reliefs of Lunar landing sites.

ALL space exhibits/artifacts are museum pieces and ALL are HAND SIGNED by the pioneering astronauts who flew these breathtaking missions.
These historic and high standard space exhibits provide a unique experience that brings the thrilling reality of manned space exploration to life and to a wide audience.

My philosophy and conception are tuned to a wide audience and for them to comprehend in a simple, chronological, educative and spectacular way - the greatest adventure of mankind - the Lunar landings as illustrated in my documentation. (27 Emails)

Further, I have access to original Astronaut space suits, possibly a 1:1 scale Lunar Module, Lunar Rover and other replica spacecrafts as well as a Lunar landing and space shuttle interactive simulator and original Moon rocks from NASA.

My objective is to establish such a space exhibition worldwide on a joint venture basis with an exhibition producer, a museum or science museum/center or with a travelling exhibition organisation. Approx. 500 to 800 m2 of covered facilities with adequate infrastructure would be required.

Due to my long standing relations to the Apollo astronauts, a welcome aspect, to also have a Moonwalker present at the opening of the exhibition.

Should such an exhibition or space event bear your interest please feel free to contact me at any time. I would be glad to email you further information, an introduction, the concept, my personal history with the US space program and photos showing some of the space exhibitis in close view.

Thank you for your kind attention in this matter.

Sincerely

Marco E. Baccini
Lunar Exhibitions
6600 Locarno
Switzerland
Tel.:  ..41 79 205 3061 / ..41 79 761 4443
[log in to unmask]

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2