At 03:39 PM 4/23/99 -0400, you wrote: >A mother of a 14 month old nursing baby called asking about breastfeeding >and having an IVP done. It is a elective procedure for now so she could >wait but I am wondering if she couldn't and had to have the study done. >Thanks for any help... Linda, there have been several posts on Lactnet affirming the safety of breastfeeding following IVP. I can find only one in my files and here it is: 5/4/98 No need to sacrifice breastfeeding on the altar of ignorance. The mother does not have to express her milk and feed it to the fish at all. 1. We do IVP's in tiny babies. 2. A small increase in the iodine in the milk will do no harm to the baby. 3. The mother should make her own decision. 4. If I were the mother I wouldn't think of giving the baby formula and would take my chances with that tiny bit of iodine. Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC 0000,0000,ffffmailto:[log in to unmask] *********************************************** The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM) mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to: http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html