From:
Melissa Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"LACTNET" discussion list
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 23:42:59 EST
Hi, all. I tried to send this one last night and it bombed. I think I figured
out the problem so hopefully you are reading this!

I'm going to be optimistic and assume this one will really make it, and ask for
some suggestions. So far the discussions have been more on the counseling end of
things, and I can tell we will all be learning lots of new tricks to add to our
"bags."  How about some help on a behind-the-scenes issue? Are any of the rest
of you overcome with papers, books, magazines, journals, etc., all of which have
potentially valuable info? Surely I am not the only one to spend a ridiculous
amount of time saying, "where did I see that?"  Any tips for how to handle the
different kinds of info we have coming in?

I have a file system, full of mostly stuff I wouldn't dare use right now. So
much of it is dated or from less-than-wonderful sources. But at least the files
are there, and a little weeding out would no doubt help. I'm considering
starting a card file system tho with each card being a key word or phrase that I
can add journal references to. Windows has a card file program on it that I may
try. Any tips from the rest of you??

I need a system that will be fairly easy to get started, and easy to keep
up--realizing that a certain amount of dedication, gumption, and time would
help!

Thanks.

Melissa