From:
Melissa Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"LACTNET" discussion list
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 19:33:53 EST
Hi. I am trying a new tactic. This may show up as a repeated note or not at all.

We used cup feeding at the hospital I worked at as an independent consultant in
Atlanta. The nurses had been reluctantly fingerfeeding (mostly by force-feeding)
but didn't like putting fingers in baby's mouth and didn't want to trim
fingernails. And, we had some babies who were hooked on fingerfeeding and took
much effort to get them to the breast. Another consultant I worked with started
cup feeding and one of the nurses watched and tried it and really liked it. She
converted others to doing it. I think they were using some of it in the NICU but
I left before seeing whether it caught on. There is a good UNICEF video that
shows cup feeding premies. If you are interested I might be able to find the
name of it!

Gotta go. I hope this works! I'm sure Kathy is tired of my "HELP! WHAT'S WRONG!"
notes!

Melissa