From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"LACTNET" discussion list
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 1995 18:04:48 -0500
Paula, I have also had trouble reading your messages. I don't know what the
problem is...

We charge a cleaning fee for pumps. $5. Big deal. But the worst ones come
back from health professionals, and this is SCARY. I feel like I can say
this cause it is true here, and I am a nurse...not maligning the profession
in general.

I have 2 partners, and 4 substations.

THis works well for us. We do not charge a deposit, but we do charge late
fees for bills not paid on time....

Kathleen

>Paula, the last two messages I've gotten from you on Lactnet have started
>apparently in mid sentence and then repeat again with a forwarding message at
>the bottom. Am I missing anything? (specifically notes. Many days I suspect
I am
>missing brain matter....<G>)
>
>Speaking of pumps. I had the filthiest pump I've ever seen returned to me. I
>would be embarassed to turn in  something that looked this bad. Milk all over
>everything, and what looked like it might have been dried grape juice or
>something. And this from a nurse. I guess it is finally time to get serious and
>start charging a cleanup fee on these things. How do y'all handle such? In Ga I
>would routinely get a deposit on the pumps but never used it for a cleaning
fee.
>Here I haven't bothered with the deposit since so far the moms I've dealt with
>just don't have a lot of money. I'm realizing that may just not work any
more. I
>have this bad habit of assuming people will do what is reasonable, expected,
>etc.
>
>Do any of y'all have substations? Sharon (my Atlanta LC buddy) has told me she
>has 3 of them now, after learning about them on the cruise conference.
>Apparently they work pretty well for her, tho I'm not sure of the particulars.
>Seems she does the paperwork and the substation handles the renting. I don't
>know what kind of price deal she has with them. One is an LLL Leader, and
>another is a pharmacy, and I don't know about the 3rd.
>
>Melissa

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA
Remember to stop and smell the "roses!"