From:
Melissa Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 08:24:49 EST
Lest you guys wonder if I am out of touch with reality (and living here in the
boonies I sometimes wonder!) I hit "send" last night to send my note asking
about prozac BEFORE getting all the mail that was discussing it. It was nice to
see at least a partial response before I even asked the question! <grin>

Seriously, most of what was discussed yesterday seemed to deal with younger
babies. Does anybody have any experience with the drug's affects on a nursing
3yo? I'm sure many drs, therapists, etc would just recommend weaning as an
obvious choice at this point, but this particular family is dealing with major
trauma and the 3yo is reacting by needing her mom. This would NOT be an ideal
time to wean. At the same time, the mom really needs some help coping. My heart
aches for her.

Thanks again, and please be patient with my oddly timed responses and
questions--since I have to pay a long distance bill to get hooked on I have to
restrict when and how many times I call!!

Have a lovely day!

Melissa Vickers, IBCLC