Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:11:14 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Hi Kristi and Lactnet,
I, like Rachel, was catching up on Lactnet when I saw the thread on homemade formula.  All of the comments were right on target, in my opinion, except there appears to be a giant omission on the part of the pediatric practice.  Kristi - I couldn't tell whether or not it was the actual pediatrician in charge of this mother and baby? If not, whoever answered your question with such indifference  has no legal liability and just appears to have " blown you off".  Was it actually a dr.?  Is it this baby's pediatrician? If so, obviously, document fastidiously, and tell the mother and doctor you did so.  If not, this baby is still in the same position, and has no help or advocate except you. I also don't envy you.

This happened to me once.  Many years ago here on the Mexican border.  She was not making rational feeding decisions and I was the only one mother was reporting to.  I had the hideous responsibility to report her to CPS. Which I did.  They didn't keep me updated, which I found frustrating, but I always felt that I acted in  the best interest of this baby and mother - who no doubt had PPD, at the very least. I kept insanely details notes, including a printed copy of the report to CPS.  Only tell us the minimum. (Unless you want to email me privately.)
Good luck,
Isabella

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2