Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2019 10:32:07 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
We have a similar issue that crops up every so often.our policy is clear.I found a short huddle about what happens to baby gut when given formula.I give out a summary sheet on hazards of infant formula.We are also considering having parents sign a " consent/waiver" to give formula while in hospital.of course after a thorough explanation.This is also covered as a topic in the childbirth classes.Our patient population prefers to combine feed,especially after they leave the hospital.We find that the staff has to do and document a lot of teaching and they are frequently frustrated.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Holly Prescott <[log in to unmask]> Date: 4/5/19  9:05 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: Giving infant formula without permission Marsha et al,Thanks for your guidance!  We DO have a clear supplementation policy (based on ABM and AAP recommendations) that I wrote and re-emphasize ad infinitum!  It does not include legal ramifications but that may need to be my next communication.  I find that "threatening" does not make for good peer relationships and have been trying to avoid this.  Any of you want to come to our next staff meeting and stand beside me?????Thank, again!Holly P             ***********************************************Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.htmlTo reach list owners: [log in to unmask] all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]:1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail2. To start it again: set lactnet mail3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2