Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2010 01:17:20 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Thanks to all who responded to my post.  I will call the pedi on Monday and confirm what the instructions were.  I did confirm with both parents during the consult that they were indeed mixing a full serving of powdered formula into breastmilk instead of water.  This mom came to see me outpatient for latch issues.  Baby's weight was not an issue when she came to me, 8 days postpartum.  I'm hospital based, but our hospital's outpatient center sees patients from all of the other hospitals in town, and this baby was born at a different hospital, so I cannot be sure what info she was given in hospital.  

I love Lactnet dearly and read each and every post, via email on my iPhone.  (Our L&D and postpartum is on two different floors, and catching up on Lactnet is my favorite elevator riding activity!)  I usually find all of my answers in the archives, so this is my first "real" post.

I will compile the information you have all shared with me before I call the pedi.  I just knew this didn't seem right, but I couldn't articulate exactly why.  

Suzie Owens, IBCLC, RLC
In Las Vegas, where it is so windy tonight, I'm pretty sure Elvis just blew past my window...

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2