Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:16:13 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I have a mom who is breastfeeding her twins and is experiencing the worst case of Reynaud's I've ever seen.  She previously breastfed her singleton for approx. 2 years while experiencing excruciating pain.  She states it is just as bad as the first time but in other ways worse b/c she is breastfeeding twice as much d/t twins.  Between the two experiences of breastfeeding her children she has tried the following:  dry head after feeds, hot showers, keeping herself warm at all times, olive oil rub, cutting out citrus foods and nuts, nifedipine, gentian violet, antibiotics, vitamin B6, calcium, cutting out caffeine, moderate exercise (1 hr/day of either swimming, or jogging while wearing her down coat), holding baby's head to engage a firm latch.  By the time she reaches 3pm she cannot stand the pain and is sweating while breastfeeding b/c it hurts so much.  She has a dx of Lupus which makes me wonder about a connection.  After 3pm and until morning she usually pumps and bottles to give her breasts a break so that she can handle another day.

I'm hoping someone here will have a suggestion I haven't thought of.  I have her permission to share what I have shared and she is hoping there will be something that can help aleviate the pain.

Thanks!

Caro

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2