Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:54:35 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (56 lines)
  Here’s a request for subjects for a study from a colleague of Miriam Labbok’s. 

“CSA” in this case is not “community-supported agriculture.”

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:26 PM
  To: undisclosed-recipients:
  Subject: ***Important Study re: Breastfeeding and CSA***

Dear Friend, 

I am hoping that you read this email, and share it widely among your contacts – mothers and birthing / breastfeeding professionals alike.  

Childhood sexual abuse is a very common experience among American women, and is known to have significant consequences throughout the lifespan.  The lack of public health analysis of child sexual abuse means that we have major limitations as to how we can work to prevent this problem, and how we can help survivors when it occurs.  Childhood sexual abuse can impact women’s experiences of breastfeeding, but there is very little information about how.  By sharing their stories, women can teach public health professionals about what the problems and opportunities are, and how they can respond.  

To this end, I have created a survey where women are able to share their experiences.  By clicking HERE, you can learn more about the survey, and complete the survey.  It’s pretty open-ended so that people can take as much space as they need to write about their experiences with breastfeeding, and how they may have been impacted by childhood sexual abuse.  The stories will be shared, with no identifying information, at the Breastfeeding & Feminism Symposium, as well as being part of an exciting new book due out Fall 2010.  Since there is a time crunch, please complete the survey by Friday, February 26.

There are no more than minimal risks of harm for participation, and the potential benefits to society are boundless.  (Participants won’t be asked for any identifiers like name, phone number, city, etc.)  NOTE: All participants must be 18 years of age or older.  The study is approved by the UNC-CH IRB, so if you have any concerns, call them at 919.966.3113.  If you have questions for me, call me at 919.843.4118.

Again, to share your story, click HERE.

My best,

Emily C. Taylor,  MPH, CD(DONA), Project Manager

with

Miriam H. Labbok, MD, MPH, Principal Investigator

<<< AGAIN: THE LINK FOR THE SURVEY IS: http://uncodum.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_eXQdDevYooF8Ya8&SVID=Prod >>>

-- Emily C. Taylor, MPH, CD(DONA)Senior Programs DirectorCarolina Global Breastfeeding InstituteDepartment of Maternal and Child HealthUNC-CH Gillings School of Global Public HealthT:  919.843.4118F:  919.966.0458E:  [log in to unmask]:  sph.unc.edu/breastfeeding

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2