Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:25:50 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hi All, 
In our area block feeding is a common strategy being used by mothers that I encounter at LLL or in private practise. 
Moms have limited amounts of success with it as other posters have noticed. Sometimes there is a missed tongue tie or other reason for baby to feel challenged by flow. 
When my colleagues and I started using baby led seven years ago one of the things we noticed was that if moms let babe choose the breast each feed and at breaks during the feed (using the upright between breasts as a resting/starting point) baby could balance the milk supply very well. Even works with twins. It continues to amaze me how intelligent little ones are, they know if they want soup, or cheesecake, a snack or a buffet. So now I always suggest mom let the baby pick sides, so she can stop fussing about it and move on to other things. 
I have found sometimes with a truly over abundant supply some moms find a change when they go off gluten. I suspect undiagnosed celiac in these cases. 
Lee-Ann Grenier 

Sent from my iPhone

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2