Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:23:30 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (40 lines)
Hi Julie,
 The baby will be 2 months old.  The family is very skilled at paced-bottle feeding and I'm sure they will educate any additional care providers about the technique since their commitment to breastfeeding is strong.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! It is very much appreciated by me and the mother!!
Take care,
Amy

On Apr 6, 2015, at 12:53 AM, the juliest person you know <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> She might want to check out Breastfeeding Awareness for Traveling Moms: Breast milk storage at hotels for breastfeeding moms
> A double electric pump is not the only way to maintain milk production.  I suggest teaching her hand expression so she can express milk at any convenient time for just a few minutes without the hassle of dealing with a pump.  
> For example, she could express milk for a couple minutes every time she goes to the bathroom.  She doesn't necessarily need to collect the milk when the purpose is to maintain supply.  A second pump, a small manual pump, may provide additional convenience on the plane, although it may be just another thing to pack.  
>  What is the child care situation?  Are all child care providers (family or sitters or both?) educated in how to do paced bottle feeding?  How old is the baby?  A younger baby can sometimes handle the separation more easily than an older baby.  
> 
> The Packit lunch bag might work well for her, if she will have access to a freezer while traveling.
> Julie Tardos
>  ==== I went to rehab in wine country just to keep my options open.  -- Robin Williams
> 
>             ***********************************************
> 
> Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
> To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
> Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
> COMMANDS:
> 1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
> 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
> 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
> 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2