Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 21:55:07 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
Breastfeeding advocates protested Ann Veneman's appointment as Executive Director of UNICEF in 2005 (see the archives for some mention of this).

There are a few articles circulating about her recent appointment to the Nestle Board of Directors, and it's no surprise that they would value her political connections and inside knowledge of UNICEF. If anyone would like me to forward them, please email me privately.

In 2008, the media speculated that Obama might select her as a VP running mate: "Obama considers Monsanto ally, free-trader and biotech bully Ann Veneman for VP"... 
Jan Cornfoot
[log in to unmask]
 Date:    Wed, 2 Mar 2011 08:51:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Anne Veneman and Nestle

Dear all:

I just received a Facebook notice that Anne Veneman, former Executive Director of UNICEF, is now a board member for Nestle. Really, the fact that what had been one of the organizations that used to promote breastfeeding lost its focus and let breastfeeding disappear to the point that you have to struggle to find any mention of it is no surprise when the Executive Director then goes on to work with Nestle.  

And I am not shocked, but am disappointed, that the news media has not reported on this horrendously scandalous conflict of interest.

Best regards, 

Susan E. Burger, MHS, PhD, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2