Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Denise wrote:
I'm disappointed to see how some IBCLCs are dealing with their 
dissatisfaction with IBLCE. We have the democratic right to express 
our opinions.
I agree that threatening to disconnect from IBLCE may not be the best approach.  However, I think the frustration that many of us are feeling is the lack of any democratic rights when it comes to the Board.  Should there be some route of input from those of us "in the trenches" when major changes/decisions are made (before the change, not after)?  The only thing I can compare with is the nursing examining board.  While nurses themselves have no input, don't those involved in educating nurses and nurses in the field have major input?

Why was there no general introduction of the new CEO (or whatever he's called) to IBCLCs including why they thought he was the best choice?  Again, comparing with NCLEX (which I realize isn't a total comparison, but the best I have at hand) I believe their examining board is made up of nurses.  Yet with IBLCE, a person can impact the profession without ever having been or currently active in the profession.  This is a far cry from the origins of the IBLCE when leaders in the field at the time were the ones who set up the organization and wrote the first exam.  There was and is input from experts in exams, but final decisions were made by persons already active in the lactation field.  When did this change and why?  It seems to me that ONE voice from ILCA on the board can get lost in the process.

I think the main questions right now are:
1. Just who is this new director and why was he chosen, especially in light of what to some of us seems like a conflict of interest?
2. How can we (we being the LCs ourselves) have our voices heard and have input into such major decisions that affect our proffession?  Again, one voice from ILCA doesn't seem adequate.
4. How do we get pertinent answers from IBLCE to questions such as these????????

Winnie

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2