Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2011 05:35:46 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
"It isn't about "choosing to be offended."  . . . . .  That kind of contact has almost nothing in
common with breastfeeding except the physical presence of breasts."
Yes!

I will add that electronic communication, as one congressman so recently demonstrated, tends to go in unintended and uncontrolled directions.  My fifth-grade son recently was playing an online game on my laptop, and clicked on an innocent-seeming link, which pulled up a pop-up window of the kind that can't be closed (the close box just moves away when you try).  It was a video close-up crotch shot of sexual penetration with a headline suggesting it was a prank (something about "google-rape").  He expressed annoyance and disgust, and I assume he also felt some curiosity and perhaps arousal, which is a very anxiety-provoking mix for a kid.  Saying that he "chooses to be offended" is not accurate.  He had the appropriate human responses to an inappropriate and unwanted image. 

Whereas he sees me nurse his little sister all the time, and shows no sign of discomfort whatsoever.  Actually he made up a rap about it once that rhymed nursing/thirsting/bursting.  ;)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2