Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2012 17:38:33 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Hello all -The homemade formula issue is resolved.  The mom has seen her pediatriation and they have worked out a plan.   On another note, I was quite surprised today when a representative of social services called me.  She had "heard" of this case and wanted me to a file a claim on it.  She was not from the county where the client lived, so this was very surprising.  I was even more surprised when she read my email from Lactnet back to me!   So - just to assure whomever might have felt like I wasn't strong enough to handle this myself, let me further introduce myself.  I've been working with parents and families since 1989 when I graduated from college.  I currently work at a local hospital teaching infant cpr and pediatric first aid along with infant care.  I am also, obviously, an inhome lactation consultant.   The question I asked the list, specifically was, has anyone ever heard of this type of homemade formula.  Of course, I contacted the pediatrician immediately.  However, because I am an attachment parent of two beautiful children, a 10 year and 14 year old, means I don't always know everything about other parenting styles.  My question was about the formula.  I have limited experience in holistic or homepathic areas and I wanted to know if anyone had experience there.  The client's pediatrician actually feels quite comfortable with her supplementing with it as long as we are all following the baby closely.  I wanted to know - internationally - if this type of supplementation was known.  I feel like that is a huge benefit of this list.  I love knowing what is happening in areas outside my own little pond.  I hope this doesn't sound too cranky, but I wanted to take a moment insure the "lurker" that if I felt social services needed to be invited in to access the case, I have all of their numbers right here and I assure you, I would call.  I did realize that having social services show up at her door however, would cut off all access I would have to her and this kiddo.  Luckily, the door is still open and she feels like she can call me for information -- which is what I am here for. I hope everyone is having a good week. Kristi

Kristi R. Conroy, BA, IBCLC, RLC
LATCH Lactation Support
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant 

American Heart Association BLS Instructor
Certified Car Seat Technician
www.facebook.com/breastfeeding303

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2