Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2015 07:33:13 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)

Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S®4.

<div>-------- Original message --------</div><div>From: lamazjewel <[log in to unmask]> </div><div>Date:07/10/2015  4:15 PM  (GMT-05:00) </div><div>To: [log in to unmask] </div><div>Subject: More input </div><div>
</div>
Hi Leanne Jewell from Miami I have permission to post.  I have a wonderful coworker who had her 3rd baby 8 weeks ago. She has breastfed all, the girls for 1 year each.  With the first girl she had a small abscess on her L areola and once it drained she was good to go. 8 weeks ago she had her boy.  In beginning in June she started another abscess but on right more on upper outer side. After suffering for a month 4th of July she came to ER and was admitted with a lemon sized abscess with a black dot in center. Stay trip to surgery and IV antibiotics.  Seems she's a MRSA carrier...she was on Vancomycin then ZOSYN and another. 3rd Day into treatment the surgeon took a long swab after deciding he didn't like the packing and tunnel ed back to another cell and as my buddy said the mess that came out was horrible. She was so good to pump and do every 3 hours despite feeling so bad. So good news she's going home on Bactrim. I looked it up in Hales and told her L3 and to put a barrier while nursing on unaffected side and pump and dump on the affected side till no more drainage. There is no drain just packing changed several times a day after irrigation.  So my Lactnet buddies any other suggestions... As we all know surgeons would want to stop breastfeeding. We were lucky he listened to her desire to keep lactation going. 
Leanne Jewell RN - BC IBCLC LCCE FACCE SOUTH MIAMI FL
 on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S®4.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2