Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 07:51:14 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I understand the concept of observing the baby. I personally like it a lot as it makes sense to me from every standpoint - it is observable by any woman from the outside, and it can be understood through common sense and experience of any adult woman (hard to swallow lying down, if tongue thrusts something out, maybe it should not be going in, etc.)

Yet my interest lies in the most wide-spread practices of women world-wide. I cannot find any meaningful information on withholding all the foods until after first half a year in any culture. Then the obvious question is why? While the position of science and medicine on the subject is fascinating, I am interested in why women do what they do and how this contributes to their success. There is an obvious gap in prescriptive ideal of theory and the realities of women's lives. Since I come from a position that women know what they do and so many women across history and geography cannot be all wrong, where is the catch?

Natalie Wilson
APL of LLL of NC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2